Data Processing Statement (pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation) of
Kettenfabrik Unna GmbH & Co. KG
We consider data protection important: We therefore collect and process your data in accordance with the statutory regulations, especially the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) as well as further laws in the field of electronic communication, such as the Telemedia Act (TMG). With this statement, we would like to fulfill our information and transparency obligations as regards the collection and processing of your personal data.
The controller for processing your personal data is
Kettenfabrik Unna GmbH & Co. KG,
Pphone number: +49(0)2303/8806-0
Ffax number: +49(0)2303/8806-86
E-mail address: email@example.com
The company is represented by its managing director Dr. Ingo Jasper.
If you have any questions or inquiries about data protection matters, you can get in touch with us using the above contact data.
3. Type, scope and origin of the data collected
Kettenfabrik Unna GmbH & Co. KG (Kettenfabrik Unna) will always collect personal data directly from you. In doing so, we capture exclusively those personal data on a mandatory basis that are required for the relevant purpose of the contract concerned (principle of data minimization). Any information provided in excess of this is voluntary. Kettenfabrik Unna collects and processes:
- data of the customer base, such as name and company address;
- delivery note and invoice data;
- banking data for payment purposes;
- when making online transactions: data for entering into and maintaining a contractual relationship using electronic ways of communication, e.g. e-mail address, mobile phone number etc.;
- voluntary details concerning specific service requests;
- information giving permission to advertise (usage of your e-mail address or phone number through Kettenfabrik Unna for advertising purposes, for creating profiles, for presentations etc.).
You will usually provide these data when you start your inquiry. It may, however, happen that we receive personal data from third parties. 4. Purposes of processing personal data, legitimation
We collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- submission of offers & bids which includes passing on information required to prepare the complete offer;
- conclusion and performance of contracts as well as customer care;
- credit assessment before entering into a contractual relationship with customers;
- information about products and services of Kettenfabrik Unna;
- statistical evaluation and development of (marketing) measures on the basis of calculated parameters as well as the analysis of existing contractual relationships;
- performance of statutory duties or official regulations.
The data will be further dealt with on the basis of automatic processes to the extent admissible by law, if you have given your explicit permission to do so. These statutory regulations are, among others, the GDPR, the BDSG and the TMG. 5. Ways of data processing
Kettenfabrik Unna will ensure that your personal data are processed in such a way that their protection is assured. The data will be processed both electronically and in paper form. In doing so, we comply with the safety standards for the protection of your privacy and against the risk of the data being accessed by unauthorized persons. We have taken comprehensive technical and organizational precautions to protect the data provided by you against loss, manipulation, destruction and unauthorized access. Our safety measures are continuously improved in line with the technological development and the statutory requirements.
The properly categorized data will subsequently be used for our own statistical analyses and marketing reports, although largely in an anonymized or pseudonymized form. 6. Data recipients
The company collecting the data is Kettenfabrik Unna GmbH & Co. KG. It stores all those data in its IT systems that are required to perform the contracts and for the purpose of customer care. In the course of customer acquisition and customer retention campaigns your data will be captured by sales agents and other sales personnel commissioned by us.
We cooperate with selected service providers that are given access to your data to the extent necessary, so as to enable us to render our contractually agreed services. The data must only be used for executing orders awarded by us.
Data recipients are therefore especially
- IT service providers and consultants,
- banking institutions,
- sales agents,
- external service providers,
- management consultancies,
- accounting firms and tax auditors, and
- authorities, among them the financial administration.
If required and legally admissible, your data can be transmitted to a credit bureau for the purpose of checking your creditworthiness, for making inquiries or for further examinations, before a contract is concluded, or in the course of the business relationship, if the need arises. In the event of default in payment we reserve the right to transmit your data to collection agencies or lawyers for the purpose of collecting the debts.
All service providers commissioned by us will be examined before an order is awarded to them, whether they adhere to the applicable data protection standards; they will also be obliged to comply with the statutory data protection regulations. Apart from that, no data will be passed on to any other third parties commissioned by us, unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so, or you have given us your permission prior to it.
7. Data storage period
Kettenfabrik Unna will store its customer data for the period of its contractual relationship(s) or longer, if there is a justified interest (as in the case of outstanding payments). The retention period depends on the statutory limitation periods which, according to Articles 195 et seq. of the [German] Civil Code (BGB) may take up to 30 years, with the regular limitation period amounting to three years.
In addition to that, we are subject to various retention and documentation requirements as stipulated in the [German] Commercial Code (HGB), in the Fiscal Code of Germany (AO) and elsewhere. The retention and documentation periods stipulated there amount to between six and ten years. 8. Rights of the parties concerned
Kettenfabrik Unna safeguards and protects your right in accordance with the GDPR. You are especially entitled to
- receive information from us, whether we process personal data concerning you; if so, you can demand information about these personal data as such as well as the purposes for processing and using this information;
- have your personal data rectified, erased or restricted when it comes to processing them, unless this is in conflict with statutory requirements; Kettenfabrik Unna has the relevant erasing concept in place, so that your rights are safeguarded;
- have your data handed over to you, especially also in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- revoke your permission for the use of data voluntarily given, e.g. your phone number;
- object to the use of your data for the purpose of direct advertising on behalf of Kettenfabrik Unna;
- lodge an objection against the use of your data which we process on the basis of our justified interest, if this objection refers to an individual case due to a specific personal situation (pursuant to Article 6, sub-section 1f, GDPR).
In order to assert your rights, please get in touch with us in writing by stating your contact data:
Kettenfabrik Unna GmbH & Co. KG,
Ffax number: +49(0)2303/8806-86
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are of the opinion that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, especially with an authority in the member state of your place of residence, the authority in charge of your workplace or the authority in the place, where the assumed infringement occurs.